Spring Break Top 10 Questions
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017
Please do NOT park in the bus loop for the send-off concert Wednesday evening. The charter buses need that access and any autos parked there that night may be subject to being towed away.
Below are some typical questions I am trying to catch up on email, so please read on for my Top 10 Questions via Email During Spring Break:
How much spending money do I bring to Winter Park
This all depends on the planning and responsibility level of the student. We will eat out 2 times on the road, plan your meals in the condo to be self prepared or ready-to-eat and not much money other spending money will be needed. Check the itinerary closely! Keep in mind that souvenirs (t-shirts, etc) will be available.
I only missed one game because I was sick and could
not get a sub, why do I have such a bad grade?
Come on in with documentation that you had notified staff of your parent-excused absence and your grade can be changed.
I know your rule is to only bring non-rated R
movies on the bus but the movies I am bringing are not bad
at all. Can we watch them if the sponsor says
Still no. If you bring an unapproved movie just know that you risk losing it to the band staff’s movie collection.
I need to add a doctor-prescribed medication for my
son to take that was not originally on my list, what do I
Get the medical form filled out and signed by your physician and submit the form with the medicine to Nurse Ellison now to be approved. All medicines need to be held by the student and properly labeled in a Ziplock-type plastic bag during the bus departure process.
How many bags can I bring on the trip?
Three; large one for underneath the bus (will not get into this bag until we check into condo later in the day), one carry-on with toiletries and clothes needed for first day of skiing, and a second carry-on with entertainment, chargers and H2O/snacks.
Where am I supposed to get snow bibs at this late
We have known about this trip for a long time, however; there are no set ski dress requirements. Slick/waterproof pants over jeans works well too.
Schoology is creating an error message when I try
to submit my Spring Break recording, what do I
Go old school; bring the recording on a thumb drive to me on Monday.
I don’t see the itinerary anywhere online, can I
get a hard copy?
The Winter Park itinerary (along with rooms and buses) has been posted on Schoology for several weeks. An attached PDF is available here. Guard and dance students can come get a hard copy from me.
My child doesn’t want to stay in the same
room now because of a disagreement with a friend, can they
We are not able to make any further room change requests. We all need to remember to how to get along and stay flexible.
I ordered two burritos for breakfast but now want
sausage egg with cheese please.
Hmmm, no. A spreadsheet of what students had ordered will be posted Monday as a reminder. When you enter McDonald’s next Thursday morning you will tell them your name and what drink you want. They will hand you your pre-ordered & pre-paid meal. If you did not pre-order, you may order from the menu AFTER all pre-orders are filled.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Fund Raisers
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2016
Check the attached flier for two ongoing fund raisers you can participate in through Buffalo Wild Wings and Dillon’s. These will help to raise additional money to pay for the buses for this spring’s trip to Colorado.
(click to print)
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2015
How to access parent/student information in Charms:
- Log on to www.charmsoffice.com, and click the “ENTER/LOGIN” link at upper right.
- Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
- Login to your child’s program account using the following school code: “SeamanHSBand”
- This will bring up the main parent page. This will allow you to look at the public calendar for your organization, event list, handouts, and other files.
- Clicking on an event on the calendar brings up the details for that event—such as times, attendance requirements, volunteer opportunities, and other event details. Note that if a calendar event is specifically assigned to your child, it may NOT show up on this calendar—check the “Student” calendar after entering the student’s ID number.
- When you enter your child’s ID NUMBER (provided by your director) as a Student Area Password, another more detailed screen appears with even more options to view your student’s uniform assignments, music assignments, financial records, forms, and inventory. Once you have first entered this ID number, you may create your own, unique password by clicking on the “lock” (Change Password) icon.
Two areas in which you can help the director maintain
- Update Personal Information—if the director has allowed it, you may help make changes to your child’s student information page (such as updating phone numbers and email addresses if they change) to help the teacher communicate with you more effectively. Click the Personal Info button.
- If your program has setup online payments, you can make credit card payments for fees, trips, and deposits to your student’s account. If credit card payment is activated, you will see blue buttons in the four main areas of the financial statement indicating your ability to make online payments.
- You will also see links to enter Practice Logs, view Grades, and use the Recording Studio if the teacher has enabled these options.
- Most importantly, the parent page assists both you and the teacher to communicate with each other. Stay up to date on what’s going on with your student!