KBA Marching Competition Schedule
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2016
Following is the current performance schedule for the KBA Marching Competition at Washburn University this Saturday. You can check for further changes on the competition web page.
A note for those picking up their students after the competition: Please don't park in the bus loop, and please don't block Rochester Road. Thank you!
|KC Sumner Academy||11:00a|||||OP/Blue Valley North||2:45p|
|Shawnee Mission Northwest||11:15a|||||Valley Center||3:15p|
|Olathe Northwest||11:30a|||||Lawrence Free State||3:30p|
|OP/Blue Valley Southwest||11:45a|||||Topeka West||3:45p|
|Basehor-Linwood||1:15p|||||Shawnee Mission West||4:15p|
|Finals performances will take place in reverse order, from low to high, based on preliminary competition scores.|
|Washburn University (exhibition)||10:00p|
2016–2017 Band Handbook
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2015
How to access parent/student information in Charms:
- Log on to www.charmsoffice.com, and click the “ENTER/LOGIN” link at upper right.
- Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
- Login to your child’s program account using the following school code: “SeamanHSBand”
- This will bring up the main parent page. This will allow you to look at the public calendar for your organization, event list, handouts, and other files.
- Clicking on an event on the calendar brings up the details for that event—such as times, attendance requirements, volunteer opportunities, and other event details. Note that if a calendar event is specifically assigned to your child, it may NOT show up on this calendar—check the “Student” calendar after entering the student’s ID number.
- When you enter your child’s ID NUMBER (provided by your director) as a Student Area Password, another more detailed screen appears with even more options to view your student’s uniform assignments, music assignments, financial records, forms, and inventory. Once you have first entered this ID number, you may create your own, unique password by clicking on the “lock” (Change Password) icon.
Two areas in which you can help the director maintain
- Update Personal Information—if the director has allowed it, you may help make changes to your child’s student information page (such as updating phone numbers and email addresses if they change) to help the teacher communicate with you more effectively. Click the Personal Info button.
- If your program has setup online payments, you can make credit card payments for fees, trips, and deposits to your student’s account. If credit card payment is activated, you will see blue buttons in the four main areas of the financial statement indicating your ability to make online payments.
- You will also see links to enter Practice Logs, view Grades, and use the Recording Studio if the teacher has enabled these options.
- Most importantly, the parent page assists both you and the teacher to communicate with each other. Stay up to date on what’s going on with your student!